Press Oblivion

www.PressOblivion.com
The Drawings of E.J. Morges

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Down Time

It seems that life lately consists of a great deal of Downtime. I'm not feeling any better since the last post but I would like to thank all 2 of you who e-mailed me with concern.

This is a little someting that I put together while pining away several lunch hours at work. The male is a Superman-esque character that I call Champion and the female, some of the Wreck Shop defectors may recognize, is Victory.

I don't really have a back story for the scene, mostly because of the lack of scene. The inspiration for this actually comes from my less than happy mood as of late.

I imagine that "off camera" there is a cannon or projectile weapon of futuristic design that has expelled its power onto the defiant heroes hence the tattered clothing of Champion. I could not do the same for Victory because this wouldn't get the family rating that I so love. I the background here was to be the new ruins of a building or city to demonstrate the awesome power of the weapon, and demonstrate the Incedible power of the heroes to withstand such an onslaught.

But I can't be bothered with making backgrounds. I've never been good at them and I just really lose interest in the drawing after the characters are done.

This is a large file so this may take a minute or so to download:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ed Eargle said...

I dig it man. Good to see some new art from ya.

March 23, 2006 12:00 AM  
Blogger EJ Morges said...

Thanks for the comments guys!
I really appreciate the kind words.

Now Tear it up, I'll try not to be a pussy about the crits
EJ

May 01, 2006 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home