Press Oblivion

www.PressOblivion.com
The Drawings of E.J. Morges

Monday, May 01, 2006

Complacent

After my last entry I really thought that, that I would be doing more “new work” to be posted here. Image Hosted by ImageShack.usOh well, I know that the drawing bug is going to hit me at some point again and I think that the fever is starting to rise as I was looking at some of the work that I did last year for the Archie Superheroes and a lot of that stuff, though unfinished was really solid! And for those of you that know me, I’m not one to give anything that I do a positive word.


I heard rumor that Archie is or has made an announcement about their characters and I think that they have a really strong roster to really compete with the other publishers. Only time will tell I guess.

The images above are from an old, and now defunct, thread at the digital webbing site. I started that thread to showcase some of my favorite villains in the Marvel universe but I had asked a bunch of the contributors there to add their favorite characters to the mix as well and there were really great responses to that call. I wish that I had saved those images so that we could still have them to view here, though nothing really beats the message board community structure there.

The first image is Scorpion, a long time Spider-Man villain that never really lived up to the potential that I have for him in my mind. I would love to get a hold of him and really give Spider-Man the nightclub parking lot beating he deserves. Strong, Agile and dynamic, I always felt that Scorpion could be the kind of adversary to Spider-Man that Sabretooth is to Wolverine, or that Venom is to Spider-Man presently.

Rhino has always been a favorite of mine as well and I think that it’s just because of the power that he wields. I like all of the really big guys with Hulking Power and indomitable resilience. This drawing garnered a lot of praise from the folks at the DW forums; I believe that it was a majority favorite. I like it because I think that I really captured the character well, really displaying all of his power in that attitude without having to show his form or his ability.

The rest were just sketches to keep the thread moving I guess but were done during nights out at the bars when there was serious down time. The Leader is a character with greater Marvel Universe disrupting potential who should be placed among the elite of the Villainy set alongside Doom, Magneto, Red Skull and others.


Anyway, I hope you enjoy, If you like what you see please say so. If not, please say so, though I have to warn you that I am very sensitive a prone to blubbering like a pussy.

1 Comments:

Blogger EJ Morges said...

Wow!
Thanks for the great praise! I was very pleased with the outcome of a lot of these images.

Thanks again!

May 01, 2006 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home