Press Oblivion

www.PressOblivion.com
The Drawings of E.J. Morges

Friday, May 05, 2006

A Greater Victory

I have to apologize for the lengthy typos that have been appearing here lately. I’m just now getting into this whole web-log thing and really appreciating the freeness of all these great features on the web. I’ll be sure to write everything in a word editor before I post here. It should help some, don’t you think?

I just wanted to add a splash of color to the thread with this color rendition of the Victory drawing that was posted here earlier this year. After having colored her for only the second time since her incarnation, I feel now that I have to do a redesign to make her a little more appealing and original.

For those who don’t know, Victory was based on Wonder Woman, from the mystical origin to the bulletproof bracelets; just altered enough to fit into my “Comic Book Universe” and skirt Copyright infringement. Hence the wacky color scheme, which was WW’s Colors flipped, later the blue was made purple. It’s horrible.

So for the next few posts, I think that I will break down her design and see what can be done to get a new face on an old idea.

The next image is Champion! What a great guy! This drawing was done at a bar one night while I was waiting for my buddy to finish up his night with the dart league. I’m not one for the bar scene, nor am I one to start up a conversation with a stranger so I made sure that I was armed with some drawing utensils to get me through a few hours by myself time. This was the outcome.

I think that I had that JSA classified #1 on my mind as I am still left speechless every time I look at it. My attempt is no where near as compelling as the work done by Adam Hughes on that cover but I really do think that it’s a fine drawing of the Superman that would be Oblivious.

I really like this pose, it’s easy to do and I think that the Champ looks pretty regal here, defiant, resilient & indomitable, someone that you really want on your side when the world is in trouble. The clouds suck, the air vehicle sucks, the cape is flowing agaist the grain of the clouds, yet I'm really happy with this drawing.

Let me know what you think.
EJ

3 Comments:

Blogger EJ Morges said...

No thoughts on this one!?! I thought there would at least be some appreciation for the shabby color work here.

I thank you for at least stopping by to take a look, there will be more soon.
EJ

May 07, 2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger EJ Morges said...

Thanks ama!
Yeah, I'd lose the plane too. :)

May 08, 2006 9:29 PM  
Blogger EJ Morges said...

Thanks for the great comment Random, I'll try to work some things out with the coloring as I get more stuff done.

Thanks again.

May 09, 2006 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home