Press Oblivion

www.PressOblivion.com
The Drawings of E.J. Morges

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Trying to keep motivated

Looks like May is a good month for me to get the blogging in motion, this is the thord one in two days! Blasphemy! Anyway I'm looking for motivation. As it stands now, I have not drawn anything in months (the last originale drawing was the Champion & Victory piece a couple of posts down.) but I really want to get back into the swing of things so I'm going through some of my drawings, past & current to help get into the mood as well as checking out some of the links to the right.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usI think that I have stated this before, that I find the work of others to be inspiring it builds a little bit of competitive juice to want to do something better than the last guy but can't be topped by the next. I know that's a snide statement but it's something that I actually strive for. I want to be the best, who doesn't, even though I know that "the best" is something that I will never be but it doesn't hurt to try. (Try? When have I ever done that?)

Onto the drawing: This is a character that I call Warden. This is yet another unoriginal character with root design based on Power Girl but overwhelmed by Witchblade trimming.

This sketch was done, like most have been of late, during down time at a local Duncan Donuts. I really spent a lot of time working on her look to combine that with slutty sexappeal and a subtle, flowing, elegance. I'm not sure that I really captured the elegance thing but I have to say that if I saw her saving my city, I would salute her from the middle like only a man can.
Anyway, let me know what you think.
EJ

1 Comments:

Blogger EJ Morges said...

Yeah!?!
I thought that she was super sketchy so I wasn't really sure what the response to this on would really be like. I have one other drawing of her with a more detailed design of her that I'll have to post here.

If she ever went to a regular comic, I wouldn't want to Draw her, there's so much going on with her costume.

Thanks for the response.
ej

May 05, 2006 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home