Press Oblivion

www.PressOblivion.com
The Drawings of E.J. Morges

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Can Have it & Eat it Too


This is an image that I did for a Birthday card for me Mum. It's a characterization of me eating all of her Birthday cake, save for a single sliver. I colored right over the pencils which is something that creates an interesting debate every now and again, but I think that it came out pretty OK not to bad.





Here is the Pencil illustration for the card.
A little history for the reasoning behind this: I have been making cards of various themes for my mother since I was 15, mostly birthday's & Mother's Day though I did sneak a couple of other festive occasions in there as well over the years.

Now that I look back on the beginnings of these cards, I think that they started out as a desperate plea to let Mom know that I didn't forget her on her special day as they were often drawn the same day as the Holiday or Birthday event. It was also very cost effective since all I needed was a folded piece of paper and a pencil and often times I had spent all of my money on Comics and couldn't get her a gift. She was often thrilled at receiving them, not just because it was from her only son but because it was something from the heart, not store bought, but my real words & my real feelings about how much she means to me and how I will always cherish the gifts that she has given me.

What started out as a makeshift apology became an authentic sentiment and tradition between us.
Love Ya Mom!

So let me know what you think.
EJ

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man that is soooooo great! Pass on a HB! from me will yah.
Masschine

June 18, 2006 10:17 PM  
Blogger EJ Morges said...

Ha!
Will Do! Thanks
EJ

June 18, 2006 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this picture. Simply love it.

Exellent.

Thanks.

June 19, 2006 7:38 PM  
Blogger EJ Morges said...

Thanks! I love you. Simply Love you.

Thanks! :P
EJ

June 24, 2006 6:31 PM  
Blogger Ed Eargle said...

This is quite cool. I've created my own cards for a friend's little girl as I didn't like the ones at the store. They always seem to enjoy 'em. BTW, going by your caricature of yourself, we have a resemblance to one another. Short hair and a short goatee thing. Eds rule!

June 26, 2006 2:57 AM  
Blogger EJ Morges said...

lol,
Eds do rule! It's taken me all of this time to figure that out!
Thanks for the comment Ed, I posted in the thread above that its good to see you here. And its good to see you here.
Thanks man,
EJ

June 26, 2006 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home