Press Oblivion

www.PressOblivion.com
The Drawings of E.J. Morges

Friday, June 09, 2006

The Last Paladin

The Last Paladin is a character created by Ian Ascher & Mahmud Asrar. This character has been featured in Digital Webbing Presents publications.


Ian and I have been corresponding off and on for years but due to my ever changing mood, flaky nature, grouped with ever changing life circumstances, we never connected creatively.
A few months ago, Ian contacted me just to say hi I think,(I don't know where my brain is at the moment so I can't remember how we got together, maybe he was was just checking up)and the option to draw the Last Paladin came up.
It was months before I could get up the gusto to get something on paper but I think that it came out pretty OK not too bad. Let me know what you think!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive background work!

The figure is impeccable and very lively. The context that you've put him in REALLY drives the point home that this guy isn't Magneto.

The various costume items and man in the suit are NOT the master of magnetism but I've been conditioned through comics to latch onto what's familiar. In this case the spartan helmit and long cape.

However your atmospheric background gave me addtional clues from a black and white pencil drawing that this fellow was not who I initially thought it was.

Happy to see you treating the stage where your figures appear with such consideration.

Thanks for sharing your stuff here.
-Cowprobe-

June 11, 2006 2:00 AM  
Blogger EJ Morges said...

Thanks for coming to visit! :D

I think that there was a Boba Fett, aside from Magneto, comment too. I think that when you see the character in color, there is no mistaking that the character is neither.

The background isn't very good. I freehanded the Curch inthe backgound, eyballing the proportions instead of using traditoinal, rulled methods.

Thanks for the compliment and the comment.
EJ

June 11, 2006 12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also like the sketchy-ness of this pic. The main figure is pretty slick, but the roughness of the cathedral in the back works well in pencil form. Nice to see you doing some backgrounds. You're clearly very good at them (though I'm sure they can be a challenge, plus who wants to draw a tombstone when they can draw some buff superhero babe?)

June 12, 2006 6:31 PM  
Blogger EJ Morges said...

Thanks Guys

June 12, 2006 8:45 PM  
Blogger EJ Morges said...

Thanks
Hope to have more soon.

June 15, 2006 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home