Press Oblivion

www.PressOblivion.com
The Drawings of E.J. Morges

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Domino Lady: Revised




I didn't want to inundate this blog with Domino Lady Revisions. After some careful redrawing, I think that I have a success here that addressed more of the issues that have plagued me and others about this drawing since I have made it available to the viewing public. It was suggested by Ron, that the Orginal was better to the second and I have to agree, but I tried to capture some of the original intention with this latest version. I hope that I have the go-ahead on this one. - - Please comment.


I neglected to tell those that come here to read about what I have to say, that I had posted this image at the Digital Webbing site and received some great responses on how to make the drawing better. So. . . Here are some of the revisions, I had to restructure some of the figure, the most noticeable change is the arm behind her head.

Other comments noted the the head was too large, the neck was too long things that I couldn't see before but addressed the issue anyway. Now I really think that the neck is too long and perhaps the head is too small and her lips look obscene now too.



Anyway, feel free to let me know what you think, I would like to see more thoughts from folks here. One of the reasons that I go to the DW site is that there is always a fresh perspective on the work that I do. It makes me try harder to do things better and really work on how I approach a drawing.
Thanks for looking,
EJ.

4 Comments:

Blogger martinkraft said...

great picture...
but somehow the arm behind her neck looks a little too short, or is it just me?

no offense, i find it to be a great rendering.

t.

July 03, 2006 4:09 AM  
Blogger EJ Morges said...

No offense taken!

I really appreciate you stopping in and leaving your thoughts.

You're not the only one to think that there is something not right about this little wing dinger. I happen to agree with you.

Check out the Digital Webbing site to get more info on what others think of this drawing.

As an added bonus, you get to see what a big Pussy I am.
EJ

July 03, 2006 12:49 PM  
Blogger EJ Morges said...

Got the OK from Fortier to go to the ink stage.

I thought I would like to inform no one. :P

July 04, 2006 3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool I see the polish that the changes put into it. Very nice.

Masschine

July 04, 2006 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home