Press Oblivion

www.PressOblivion.com
The Drawings of E.J. Morges

Monday, July 17, 2006

Rob Liefeld's: Suprema

Discovered last night that Rob Liefeld as a website. While rummaging through his site I also discovered that the Supreme Family has grown. Rob had more than a few great renderings of the character Suprema who spotted a more than a little muscle and you all know that I like me a chick with a little muscle. Needless to say I was inspired to draw her and here she is.



At first I was really happy with this but I'm starting to see some proportion issues with relation to the feet & forearms.

On another note, I know that Mr. Liefeld isn't the most popular guy in comics and despite his reputation I'm still and always will be a fan of his work. I feel that the mark that he left on the industry is undeniable.

let me know what you think.
EJ

4 Comments:

Blogger EJ Morges said...

More Curvy as in wider/fuller hips or are you talking more curvy as in fuller muscles?

I think that the fitness level of the female form has to be may favorite level of muscularity on a woman though it's a fine line between that and the heavy weihgts.

Though I agree that I could hook them up without turning off the mainstream either. I try to give Victory the full FBB effect though it slpped completely in the colored versoin that I had done of her earlier this year. I hope that it came through in the last redtion that I did of you her & Champion.

In this image, I was looking to stay true to Liefeld's character without going overboard though he does draw her with some heavy guns. It was this rendition that inspired me to do the image in the first place.

I don't know about the smile on this drawing ama, I think that it needs tweeking.

Thanks for the great response, I'll be sure to give you a full FBB image in the near future.
EJ

July 18, 2006 9:26 PM  
Blogger martinkraft said...

great, the only ting i would change is her teeth. i think more is less and they would look shinier if you render then with less detail, but that's just my opinion. great pic. keep it up. i hope you won't have a dry spell this year.

regards...

t.

July 19, 2006 4:46 AM  
Blogger martinkraft said...

on second thought. no, i would not change her teeth but the mimic of her face a little bit. it looks a liiiittle bit as if she wasn't smiling because of joy but because she had to.

no hard feelings...

t.

July 19, 2006 4:49 AM  
Blogger EJ Morges said...

None taken!
Thanks for posting, I'll be working on the face a little today among other (new) things.
Thanks again,
EJ

July 19, 2006 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home