Press Oblivion

www.PressOblivion.com
The Drawings of E.J. Morges

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Domino Lady: Mystery of Madam X

Today is mom's birthday and the card was a hit.

We spent the day at the Bronx Zoo and after the we watch the Mets Trounce the Blue Jays (She's the Baseball fan!) we'll have dinner at the Cheesecake Factory tonight to help celebrate the momentous occasion that is her Birthday.

Thanks to everyone that stopped in, and a special thanks to those that commented on the drawing that I did for the card, your support is always deeply appreciated.



This character is Domino Lady, a 50's Noir Hollywood socialite with a flavor for sniffing out the criminal element. Domino Lady is a Pulp project that is being compiled by the astute & talented comics veteran Ron Fortier, whom you can find out more about at his site www.Airship27.com.

Ron contacted me a few months ago after seeing the Champion & Victory drawing that I had done earlier this year and said that he would like to do a little pin-up for his pulp publication. It's not everyday that an industry professional sends me a personal message about my work so of course I was flattered, honored and very intimidated all at the same time and I said that would love to do something for him.

Ron has been great to me and just as supportive of my endeavors in illustration as the bunch of you that have come here from time to time to say hi have been and I really appreciate the attention that he has given me.

There is another Domino Lady Drawing in the works at this time, I will be taking this one to ink I just hope that I remember how to use my pens.

As usual, you can let me know what you think and don't forget to rate the image if you like it.
Thanks
EJ

5 Comments:

Blogger Ed Eargle said...

I rated it on ImageShack. Really nice work man. One of your better pieces methinks.

~Ed!

June 26, 2006 2:54 AM  
Blogger EJ Morges said...

Thanks Ed,
It's good to see you here.

The DW'ers are making some good points and given some good feedback. Haven't seen the BWfan there in a long time.
Thanks again,
EJ

June 26, 2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger EJ Morges said...

Thanks.
But the head is too big the neck is too long the arm behind her head is all fucked up the guns need more referencing, she's off balance, will look like shit when it's inked. . . .
. . . at least that' what 16 comments ofver at Digital Webbing had to say. Even if they're all correct (which they are aboutthe arm as far as I can see), I'm very happy with this one.
Thasnk
EJ

June 28, 2006 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe, just maybe her heads too big. *Looks again* Nope. Not really. Neck doesn't look too long either. Her arm behind her head does look short but it could be the angle. As for the guns. Well what are you gonna do. The gun nuts are notorious for being hard core about them. If you forget there are five grooves on the safety instead of the 4 you drew they are gonna wail.
I think it's an awesome piece. No qualifiers necessary.
Masschine

June 28, 2006 11:20 PM  
Blogger EJ Morges said...

The head is still too big. That's what I am told. Perhaps I'll see it in a month or so after being way from the drawing.

Until then I hope that I have entertained you. That's the point. You look at the drawing and are entertained at the content.

I think that some folks miss the point every now and again.

Oh well.
Thanks for the comment Mass.

July 05, 2006 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home